Thursday, December 11, 2008

In Memory



This week my grandmother passed away. She was 85 years old and full of personality. She was a very spunky southern woman who lived a very full life filled with both challenges and joys. She raised two wonderful men, one being my father. She had six grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren. She had been in and out of the hospital for the last few months and her quality of life had really deteriorated. The family was able to be with her the other night before they heavily sedated her and it was a special time for us to say goodbye. The children had a difficult time accepting that she was passing on so it was good in a way to see how much pain she was in so that they could be happy that she is not in any pain anymore. We will have the funeral this week and then she will be buried by her mother in Tennessee. We will miss her but we are looking forward to seeing her again some day. We love you Nanny!

5 comments:

Shandis said...

Emily I'm sorry for your loss. She looks like a lady that was full of life!

Jeff and Laura said...

I am so sorry Emily! I know you loved her and she looks like she was a wonderful women.

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

hey I didn't see yours. it was really sweet. I am glad the funeral went so well.

Annie said...

Emily i am so sorry. it is never fun to lose someone you love.

Simplymom said...

Emily, I'm so sorry! It's always hard even when you know it's their time.