Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Our New Addiction


So, Matt and I have never had a big interest in the gaming world. We finally decided we had to get a Wii for the family. My brother had one and the kids were having so much fun playing on it. After realizing how hard it is to actually get ahold of one without paying too much on ebay, we thought we would just have to wait. Thank goodness for Costco. I randomly asked at Costco the other day if they had any in stock. They said that they had just gotten a shipment that morning but all of them were gone. But, the nearby store was supposed to be getting their shipment any day. I ended up calling this poor store every few hours for next 3 days. Finally, the delayed shipment (snow storms) came and Matt got a Wii. Since then I can say that we are addicted. The kids love the sports games and they actually play nicely! We were shocked. Matt and I have even started playing it together when the kids are in bed. We are having alot of fun and we totally recommend getting one for your family.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Jeff got one for Christmas/Birthday and is loving it. We play it at night sometimes, but mostly Jeff and the girls play it. They love to play tennis (Emma is hilarious at it).

Glad you enjoy it as much as we do!

TammyP said...

We were the same way about the game systems. We got ours last year right after Christmas and have put it to good use. It is a good bargaining chip for me and the kids. Marble Mania is a fun game. ADDICTING!!! Have fun!

Nicole said...

I have heard that they are tons of fun...I wonder how long I can hold off getting one? The Peer-(family)preasure is starting to get to me! I am glad that you guys are having a blast!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! Tom and I have always agreed that we are against game systems, but I think the wii is the exception. I've been trying to convince Tom we need one.

ranell said...

I showed this post to Seth the other day and he was completely jealous. I knew he would be. We have wanted one since it first came out but finances, and the difficulty of finding one at a good price has prevented us from doing it yet. But some day....we can dream right. We just now have one more person who has one and we don't.

But hey, glad some of you are having so much fun with it.