

I have been working on and off the past few weeks on sewing Olivia's blessing dress. It seems to take awhile when you only work on it an hour at a time or so. I don't normally sew much at all anymore but I made Abbie's dress when she was blessed and the boys blessing outfits also (with help from Grandmas at the last minute), so I couldn't leave Olivia out. It was pretty fun to actually work on a project. I think it looks pretty cute. I am so glad that I got it done early because I am now going to start sewing on Abbie's baptism dress. She will turn 8 just after Olivias blessing so I wanted the two dresses to coordinate and then I will take them both in for a sweet picture of them both in white together. I must say though that there is definitely a reason I don't sew more often, it is a ton of work. It is so much easier to buy things off the rack. I can't imagine sewing all of our clothes like many of our parents did. I don't know how they ever found the time.





2 comments:
oh that turned out so well. Nice job Emily. You are right though, it is so much easier to buy it off the rack, but what pride you can take in knowing you worked so hard on it and she will cherish it forever. One of her three white dresses.
Beautiful!!! Wonderful job!
I don't sew very often because fabric is more expensive these days and pre-made clothes are cheaper then ever.
I will warn you that trying to find matching dresses for girls 8 years apart will be hard (four years is hard). Gymboree (sales), American Girl (sales)... Good luck.
Post a Comment