As I posted earlier, I have been working on our new babies blessing dress. The other day I just had to sew the buttons on the back and then store it away until August. Well, I had it up in our extra bedroom/office which has been carefully locked to keep little ones out. It accidentally got left unlock for a few hours and my scissors were out and you can imagine the rest. Yes, Logan got into the room, found the scissors and decided to go to town on the baby dress. Luckily, he only cut down around the bottom hem, so it looks like her dress will be about 2 inches shorter. Still, it is so sad to see something you've worked so hard on get mangled, but at least I will have a story to tell Olivia someday. It was sad that it happened too because Logan had a great day yesterday potty training and got to wear his new Cars big boy underwear. Someday he will grow out of this right? He turns 3 in a week and I hope I am not still saying this when he turns 4.
5 comments:
oh my goodness!!!
Emily, I am so sorry. Heads would roll at my house for that. You probably did better than I would have. My 3 year old Garrett does stuff almost daily that make my jaw drop. What was he thinking? I can flip out all I want and it does not good. He likes to wast food at the moment. I found him in the bathroom with all of the mini marshmallows in the toilet. The baby was with him with a measuring cup in had scooping marshmallows out of the potty. I choose to believe he was not eating anything for my own peace of mind. I will let you know if mine out grows it by 4. We are ahead of you by about 4 months. Good luck with Logan and with the new baby girl. How exciting. I keep checking to see if you have had her. It is early though. Take it easy, Karyn and Keith
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Emily. I'm so sorry. It makes me wince and laugh all at once, because I know all too well that angst of these moments and you just can't control everything at all times.
Count your blessing it was just the hem. (30 years from now it will still be talked about, I'm sure!)
I'm sorry!!!!! I can only imagine how you must have felt. This would be one of the days when you call dad and say, "Your child. . . "
OK - first I have to say the dress turned out beautiful! Wow! I didn't know that you sewed - excellent job! And then I just just had to cry with you when I read the scissors post. That is just about the saddest thing ever. I know how much work goes into sewing and how frustrating the whole process is. So when you are done you are so relieved - and then to have it cut!!! Yikes! Matt was a lot like Logan. When I read your post about Logan pouring baby shampoo on your carpet I had flashbacks of Matt doing that with lotion, sunscreen, bubbles, and then my personal favorite - a bottle of Hersheys chocolate syrup. I think it did get a little better when he turned 3 - I hope so for you!
Post a Comment