Sunday, March 8, 2009

Farewell Dash





We said goodbye to our cat Dash last week. We have had him since Logan was a new baby but it was time for him to move to a new home. He has been scratching things so much that he was killing our trees and destroying all the screens on the windows. The kids haven't spent much time with him at all lately because he has been scratching and biting them (I wonder why he would do that?). Matt had a good friend from work with a farm out of town who offered to take Dash. He also raises dogs and has 3 other cats, llamas and a horse. We talked to the kids and they thought that it was a good idea and the best life for our cat.
We took Dash out to the farm and the kids had a great time playing with the dogs and the little puppy. I think that Dash will really like it there on the farm. Matt's friend and his wife were the nicest people and the genuinely love animals. There weren't any tears shed for Dash as we left the farm, so I think it was the right decision for our family. I think the kids could tell that it was a nice place for animals. The kids are all asking for a puppy now but we keep telling them no way. We are not ready for that any time in the near future. I think 5 children is enough for our family right now. Farewell Dash, we hope you have a nice life chasing mice till your hearts content!

No comments: