Monday, September 29, 2008

Averting a Blog Disaster

I can not tell you how relieved I am at 12:30am to be writing this blog. I have just spent the last 3 hours trying to fix my blog after I thought that I would try to make some "simple" changes to it. Let's just say I ended up in tears as I tried in vain to bring my blog back to life. Matt tried to help me, but I ended up finding a blog forum where there was some much needed advice posted. Lets just say, I am not fooling around with the HTML anymore. What ever you do, do not upgrade to the new version of blogger templates, you will loose the Layout function. What a mess. I lost my links to blogs on the side, but I will slowing try to round them up again. Don't be offended if your address is not listed anymore, I will add them all back soon, I am just tired now and really should go to bed.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

What a pain! This is when I love having a computer geek husband. I asked him to put on the patriotic background and just a few nights ago the fall one. He also did the music and the picture at the top.

I'm glad your blog survived. I would miss it.

Tami said...

Oh... I am so sad for you. It is sucha pain and I was just about to email you to see if I could help. Your blog turned our very cute though.

Jeff and Laura said...

I am so sorry Emily! What a pain...and thanks for the tip not to upgrade!!!!

Mrs. Doctor said...

oh dear! I'm glad you fixed it, I LOVE the picture at the top!

Shandis said...

For this reason I have not changed my blog! I was thinking about it but now I don't know! I need a professional!