


The older children each had a school project they finished this week. Ethan and Conner had to make igloos that could hold an ice cube. Their teachers put an ice cube in each igloo at the beginning of the day and then they had to see which igloos would keep it coldest through out the day. Ethan and Conners made it to lunch before their ice cubes melted. I guess the most efficient igloos were made out of hollowed out styrofoam. They had a lot of fun making them which is of course the most important thing.
Abbie had a famous person report on Powerpoint slides. She was very excited that she was able to choose Mozart. I guess she and another boy actually both wanted Mozart but after some game she won the opportunity. She was so eager to do her report she had it finished before most of the other children started on theirs. She really enjoys playing the piano and has really liked learning about music and different composers. Matt and I went into her class for her presentation where she did really well. I still can't believe that 3rd graders can do powerpoint presentations. When I was in the 3rd grade I didn't even know how to type.





No comments:
Post a Comment